SYS-1061 - Principal Gear Designer
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Leamington Spa, Shoreham-by-Sea, Prague
- Closing Date
Duties and Responsibilities
- The mechanical design and analysis of complex gearing systems through concept, definitive, detail design phases and support through testing and production phases.
- The creation and validation of duty cycles against worldwide benchmarks for analysis and testing of products.
- Understanding of the relationship between gear macro and micro geometry design and possible NVH effects.
- To work on a variety of market sectors from passenger cars to industrial and defense markets.
- Able to create and design/analyse major transmission assemblies and components comprising shafts, bearings and gears such as parallel axis gear sets, epicyclic gear sets or bevel gears sets with minimum guidance.
- In depth understanding of the influences of the wide range of lubricants, material choices, production methods, heat treatment methods and finishing processes for gears.
Responsible for the following engineering activities:
- Gear macro and micro geometry design and the supervision of others in these processes.
- Creation of gear production documentation and the supervision of others in this process.
- System and component specifications and that the design meets the requirements,
- Reporting of gear design and analysis tasks to the customers satisfaction. Supervisions and sign off on others reporting tasks,
- Responsibility for the quality of work undertaken and for the technical delivery to the client to time, cost and quality targets,
- Carry out design change requests as per process and in a timely manner,
- Fit and function of their responsible parts or system and their interaction with other systems,
- Checking and validating design engineer’s designs and drawings as required,
- Guideline ownership if nominated by engineering manager,
- Creation of component or system design plans,
- Meeting design timing plans on assigned tasks.