SYS-1074 - Team Leader - Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Cambridge, Leamington Spa, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
Ricardo is involved in automation and connectivity for the movement of people and goods, from pods to cars, and trucks to off-highway vehicles.
Due to the expansion of business and activities within the Ricardo Systems Engineering capability group, we are actively searching for a Team Leader to lead the growth of the Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) systems engineering function for a range of customers across the automotive and commercial vehicle markets.
Based at any of the Ricardo Technical Centres in the UK, you will lead the growth and capability of the team that is developing the engineering behind the industry move towards the future in connected and autonomous vehicles.
You will have responsibility for growing and developing the engineers working on CAV projects across the numerous disciplines, from simulation through to system and software engineers, and work closely with the functional safety team.
You will also work closely with the Ricardo Global Technical Expert in CAV systems and Market Sector teams, supporting customer meetings and developing technical proposals to support our customers with solutions in the CAV arena.
As the CAV systems team leader, you will also be directly involved in CAV related projects as a mentor and Technical Authority to the project teams.
You will support the ongoing development of a culture of successful and effective research and innovation within Ricardo, working with the various functions to ensure that Ricardo remain at forefront of automotive engineering.
You are a proven experienced engineer or team leader with experience in:
- ADAS, and connected and automated systems, architectures, sensors and actuators
- Safety-critical software-intensive control systems
- Simulation toolsets (e.g. PreScan)
- Requirements capture and specifications for demonstrator and production applications
- Suppliers operating in the CAV arena
- Validation & verification of CAV systems
The ideal candidate will also have some knowledge in the following areas:
- CAV technology trends and market needs
- Cyber security
- CAV system validation & verification in virtual, controlled and real-world environments
- Functional safety and the interrelationship with CAV architecture for automated systems
- Platooning systems
- Able to work & communicate well with management, as well as team members, the commercial team, project management and customers.
Ricardo offers a Bounty scheme to staff who successfully recommend friends or family, details can be found on R World
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.
To register your interest in discussing this opportunity further please get in touch at