SYS-1102 - (Senior) Transmission Controls & Calibration Engineer
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Leamington Spa, Prague
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, we employ over 2200 professional consultants, engineers and professional support functions world-wide.
Our people are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on high efficiency, low emission, class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation.
Our client list includes the world's major transportation Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions & governments.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
An exciting opportunity exists within the Controls and Integration Department for a Senior Engineer to work on driveline and transmissions projects. The transmissions controls team have a strong workload of client projects covering conventional transmissions and new concepts for future powertrains.
To lead and deliver client projects to the highest standards covering:
- Control system development for driveline and transmission applications, for example:
- System development (electrical integration, sensors and actuators, hydraulics interface, powertrain interfaces)
- Control algorithm development
- MiL and HiL testing,
- Transmission test rig work
- Vehicle calibration work
- Delivery projects within time scale and budget
- Adherence to relevant software quality and safety procedures
To support the continuing growth of the transmission controls team:
- Actively contribute to the development of future products and services
- Mentor junior engineers within the team
- Continually strive to improve the department processes
- Work with the business teams supporting bids and preparing proposals
- Support customers meetings to develop new business streams
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, a number of years of experience of successfully delivering projects in a powertrain controls and electronic environment either in an OEM, Tier 1 or consultant capacity.
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Fluent in a model-based development languages such as – Matlab/Simulink, Embedded Coder, Targetlink, ASCET
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver projects within budget and within the scoped time
- Experience of training junior engineers and developing a team - good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to be flexible on work location - prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments.
- Experience in control systems for AT, AMT, DCT and CVT transmissions and extensive experience in the application of these systems in production projects
- Familiar with projects in the automotive industry (software development process, OEM product life cycle, SOP development process)
- Knowledge of automotive electrical and electronic systems (CAN, powertrain architectures, system interaction, OBD, ISO26262)
- Industry knowledge of transmission and driveline systems
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Ability to understand C-Code