SYS-1108 Chief Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics & Ride
- Role Type
- Contract, Fixed Term Contract, Full time
- Shoreham-by-Sea, Prague, Rimini, Cambridge, Leicester, Leamington Spa
- Closing Date
Due to an expanding portfolio of business in Sweden, Ricardo are actively searching for a Chief Engineer to lead the growth of vehicle attributes projects for a key customer.
Based in Gothenburg, you will represent Ricardo to technically lead teams both locally and teams delivering from other Ricardo sites in Europe.
The role is offered on an assignment ex-pat basis with a commitment of 1-3 years.
You will be responsible for the technical delivery of attribute projects for Ricardo with the customer and will manage the commercial performance of the projects with the Ricardo project management function.
You will represent Ricardo at programme and platform design meetings and provide design leadership to the customer.
You will be responsible for technically leading design teams both locally and in the wider Ricardo organisation, including maintaining and cascading action and timing plans.
You will also support the ongoing development of a culture of successful and effective research and innovation. Your role will include coaching, mentoring and skill development of our engineers.
You will ideally have:
- Experience of leading secondary ride attribute in premium sector vehicle (test, development modelling, engine suspension and chassis hydro-mounts, tyre force variation, modal management etc)
- OR NVH attribute lead covering all EV auxiliary systems, invertors, pumps, heat exchangers (mounting and isolation strategies, airborne noise radiation, modal mapping etc)
You will also have experience in:
- Leading and reviewing Nastran and ADAMS modelling studies
- Leading and reviewing vehicle test requirements
You are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to manage people, develop a growing portfolio and build on your prior commercial responsibilities.
Able to work & communicate well with customers, as well as team members, the commercial team and project management.