SYS - 1200 Senior Engineer - Transmission Systems Engineering
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Leamington Spa, Prague
- Closing Date
We are actively searching for a Senior Engineer to work within the Systems Engineering capability group on transmission focused projects across a wide spectrum of transmission/driveline types and their associated sub-systems.
Working as part of a multinational and multi-disciplined team you will be involved in a range of projects, primarily for the automotive and transport industries where the work is predominantly for the passenger car and commercial vehicle markets.
You will be responsible for the system engineering activities of transmission and driveline based projects including electrified transmissions. You will lead tasks and small teams in the areas of requirement definition and decomposition, system architecture, FMEA / DVP, and test case generation. You will also be responsible for the generation of tools and templates for use across the Ricardo engineering teams for future projects.
You will need to work effectively with other engineering disciplines such as Design, Test, Attributes, Functional Safety and Controls and you should be comfortable in a client facing role.
You are a proven engineer with a track record in System Engineering in the automotive, aerospace, defence or similar industries and are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to develop leading technologies and practices for global market needs.
In order to be successful, you will need to seek innovative solutions while working closely with other teams within tight timescales. You will also have to have experience in driveline and transmission system development. You will have some knowledge and understanding of the design and configurations of transmissions/drivelines, and ideally control systems, hydraulics, and their application and integration into transmission/driveline projects. You will be a thorough yet pragmatic engineer who applies a sound understanding of the fundamentals of System Engineering to pro-actively ensure integration of all systems into the product from the start.
In order to achieve this, you will be familiar with all the major stages in the System Engineering V-Cycle and the associated documents required to manage this. You will be able to work & communicate well within multi-disciplinary project teams, you will be a self-starter with the determination to deliver to clear objectives.
- Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will be expected to be familiar with the following:
- Transmission/Driveline architectures, configurations and functions
- Automotive and commercial vehicle configurations
- Understanding of attributes which are relevant for transmission engineering in passenger cars and commercial vehicles
- Requirement authoring and decomposition
- Verification and Validation (hardware and software)
- Analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA, DVP, etc.
- Control systems for transmissions
- Management of suppliers and stakeholders
In addition, knowledge in at least one of the following areas would be :
- Knowledge of electrified transmission architectures
- Experience of rig and vehicle testing
- Knowledge of functional safety activities
- Hydraulic systems
- Fault investigation – root cause analysis techniques (e.g. 8D).
- Ability to work under pressure within tight timescales (independently and within multi-disciplinary teams)
- A level of flexibility and a willingness to travel abroad for work (for short periods of time in support of projects)
- A willingness to present work, plans and findings to a customer as part of project delivery
- Experience in leading small teams in engineering projects
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.