SYS 1274 - Attribute Engineer
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
An opportunity exists within the Ricardo Attributes department for an engineer to develop, maintain and exploit attribute assessment tools to support attribute-related activities for a range of customers for the automotive and transport industries.
Based at the Leamington Spa Ricardo Technical Centre in the UK, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of the GearShift Quality Assessment (GSQA) and Ricardo Objective Assessment & Monitoring (R-OAM) hardware and software toolsets.
You will also support a full range of shift quality project activities, from shift system design reviews through to development, testing and validation of prototype designs.
Typical activities will include GSQA / R-OAM support, detailed like below:
- Provide on-site engineer support for GSQA hardware build and kit preparations & calibration activities
- SW development support for R-OAM / GSQA releases and AMCs
- Implement solutions where required and agreed with engineering
- Provide GSQA training to Ricardo customers at customers sites in and outside the UK
- Support Attributes engineering on Transmission & Driveline projects
- Build and maintain GSQA database
The successful applicant will have experience in the following:
- Using and maintaining data acquisition toolchains including sensors, acquisition cards, dataloggers
- Data acquisition hardware/software development
- Maintaining a user database (MS access or similar)
- Vehicle testing involving measurements / datalogging
- Interaction with customers and suppliers
Able to work & communicate well with management, as well as team members, the commercial team, project management and customers.
Willing to travel occasionally to other Ricardo sites or to Customer sites to support project activities and other toolset related activities such as demonstrations and trainings.