SYS-1298 Team Leader - Thermal Systems
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Leamington Spa, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
Due to the expansion of business within the Ricardo Systems Engineering department, we are actively searching for a Team Leader to lead the Thermal Systems team, working in a multinational and multi-disciplined environment for a range of projects for the automotive and transport industries.
Based at a Ricardo Technical Centre in the UK, you will be primarily responsible for leading Thermal Systems capability growth and project delivery activities – particularly for new electric and hybrid vehicles.
You will lead and grow the team of engineers located in Leamington Spa, Cambridge & Shoreham to ensure the delivery of high quality work and services in the thermal systems arena to our customers.
You will support the Market Sectors during the bidding/proposal phase by working effectively with other engineering disciplines to offer superior value to our customers. You should be comfortable in a client facing role.
As the Thermal Systems Engineering team leader, you will also be expected to work in close partnership with programme managers and provide technical leadership on one or more projects. You will also support the ongoing development of a culture of successful and effective research and innovation. Your role will include coaching, mentoring and skill development of our engineers.
- You are a proven engineer or team leader with a track record in:
- Thermal system delivery on production vehicle programmes
- Cooling system or HVAC system engineering at a vehicle level
- People, skills and resource management
- You are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to manage people and a growing discipline.
- You will have a strong technical background in at least one area of thermal system engineering with a proven track record in new vehicle development programmes.
- Able to work & communicate well with management, as well as team members, the commercial team, project management and customers.
Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will have some or all of the following:
- A strong track record of thermal systems product development within the automotive industry, ideally leading to volume production
- Familiarity with electric vehicle or hybrid vehicle thermal system design incorporating high voltage battery thermal management, e-machine cooling and power electronics cooling
- Experience of the full systems engineering V cycle, from requirements capture through to managing design, CAE and development activities through to validation and sign-off
- Interest in hybrid and electric thermal architectures
- Knowledge of requirements management toolsets such as DOORS, JAMA, Polarion, PTC Integrity etc
- Strong leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
- The ability to work in a matrix organisation and can liaise effectively across engineering departments to drive greater business value
- Strong project management skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
- Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
- Great patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes
- The ability to work under pressure and tight timescales
- The ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.