Manual Precision Grinder
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a leading global multi-industry engineering provider of technology, product innovation and strategic consulting. Our vehicle engineering capabilities extend from quick turnaround concept design and demonstrator vehicle builds, through to turnkey volume passenger car programs, including full production design, prototype build, development and release responsibility. Our focus is on the optimum use of digital tools to deliver high quality vehicles using the latest available technologies in the quickest possible time and at lowest cost.
We are seeking Manual Grinders, Setter/Operator, to increase our capability/capacity due to increased expansion and growing order book, within Ricardo’s High Performance Transmission Products division.
- Set and operate universal manual grinding machines (kellenberger and jones-shipman)
- Grinding of components using magnetic chuck , 3-jaw chuck and between centres.(internal and external grinding)
- Grinding of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
- Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size and surface finish.
- Small batch work working to engineering drawings and Route card.
- CNC Studer grinding experience would be advantages
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standard of quality.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Must have 5 years’ experience within a precision grinding environment.
- Good knowledge of grinding wheel grades, types, and cutting data.
- Must have completed Apprenticeship.
Ricardo offers a competitive salary and benefits packages, working in a clean safe environment, along with excellent training, and development prospects.
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.