CNC Gear Hobbing/Deburring
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Position Title: CNC Hobbing/Deburring Setter Operator
Status: Contract (Weekend Shift, Nights)
Location: Leamington Spa
Department: Performance Products - Manufacturing
Ricardo is a leading global multi-industry engineering provider of technology, product innovation and strategic consulting. Our vehicle engineering capabilities extend from quick turnaround concept design and demonstrator vehicle builds, through to turnkey volume passenger car programs, including full production design, prototype build, development and release responsibility. Our focus is on the optimum use of digital tools to deliver high quality vehicles using the latest available technologies in the quickest possible time and at lowest cost.
We are seeking a CNC Gear Cutter, Setter/Operator, to increase our capability/capacity due to increased expansion and growing order book, within Ricardo’s High-Performance Transmission Products division.
- Programme Set and Operate, Pfauter PE150 & GP200 CNC Hobbing machines, Rausch Deburring machine.
- Programming of Siemens and Bosch control software.
- Programming of Klingelnberg PNC100/P26 gear graphing machine.
- Production of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing specification and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
- Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size and Gear Graphing capability.
- CNC shaping experience would be advantageous.
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge of hob/cutter types, programming, and cutting data.
- Must have completed Apprenticeship or be Time Served
Ricardo offers a competitive salary and benefits packages, working in a clean safe environment, along with excellent training, and development prospects.
For further information or to make an application please contact email@example.com quoting the job reference number above. NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.