- Role Type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa
Ricardo is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, we employ over 3000 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide and has a Performance Products division specialising in delivering niche products to many premium brand clients.
Our people are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on high efficiency, low emission, class-leading products innovation and robust strategic implementation.
Our client list includes the world’s major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), supply chain organizations, energy companies, financial institutions & governments.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Definition and improvement of processes for low volume manufacture of high precision transmission products.
- Development of manufacturing process to achieve cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Specification and design of tooling, fixturing and equipment to support defined manufacturing processes, including its procurement, commissioning and use.
- Training and development of other members of the team to ensure proper execution of the defined processes.
- Working with the production team to improve product quality.
- Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes to reduce cost, improve quality and provide a high delivery performance.
- Liaison with the design authority to ensure correct understanding of intent and process requirements.
- Measuring and acting on key manufacturing process performance metrics.
Key Skills Required
- Rigorous approach to process control.
- Working as part of a team of specialist engineers to solve technical problems.
- Ability to work on own initiative to meet objectives.
- Project Management for small projects.
- Risk management.
- Problem solving.
- Good communication.
- Building relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- High level of PC and general computer skills.
- Have a proven background in a machine shop environment.
The successful candidate is likely to be educated to degree standard in an Engineering discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent learned knowledge in this area.
- Implementation, Development and operation of manufacturing processes to achieve product / service quality demands.
- Working within a formal Quality framework.
- Continuous process improvement.
- Experience of working in a production environment for a low volume, high value niche customer base.
- Gear tooth manufacturing knowledge.
- An understanding of lean manufacturing techniques.
- 5 axis CAD/CAM programming experience
- Baan business system experience.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively across different technical disciplines, with other Ricardo divisions and in complex project organisations involving various customer and supplier departments.
- Determination to follow things through even when encountering resistance.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Willing to travel, including overseas, for short periods.