Transmission Controls Support Engineer
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Providing technical support within a supercar driveline production and service programme.Primarily based at Ricardo’s Midlands Technical Centre in Leamington Spa, this role also involves occasional travel to other Ricardo or customer locations (including overseas) for short-medium periods and sometimes at short notice.
Likely to be educated to degree standard in Electronic Engineering or other engineering discipline with strong Control Systems and preferably Hydraulic Systems content or be able to demonstrate equivalent learned knowledge in these areas.
- High level understanding of control systems theory
- Understanding of how control systems interact with each other and with physical systems
- Ability to quickly build effective working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Ability to work on own initiative to meet objectives
- Ability to quickly solve problems involving interactions between different elements of complex software and physical systems
Working with other specialist engineers across different disciplines to solve technical problems by utilising good project management skills
- Problem solving in a high-tech specialist engineering environment.
- In-vehicle calibration of control systems using CAN based calibration / diagnosis software e.g. CANape.
- Analysis of the failure of complex mechanical / hydraulic systems.
- Working with and understanding automotive transmission technology, particularly control systems, gear actuation and clutch control.
- Good working knowledge of high level modelling and analysis tools, particularly MATLAB / Simulink
- Working with international customers.
- High level of PC and general computer skills.
- Experience of the following tools would be an advantage: Vector CANape, ETAS Inca, MATLAB / Simulink, Ascet, and C.