ICE Simulation Lead
- Role Type
- Closing Date
The role of the principal engineer will be to provide simulation lead support to design and development projects. Typically, the engineer will work with a number of simulation team members, co-ordinating activities and ensuring a robust, integrated solution.
On a day to day basis the role will operate with a significant level of autonomy and have responsibility for project direction of a team of engineers undertaking a specific project.
The simulation team is responsible for the delivery of modelling support to fuel consumption, performance, emissions and driveability attributes for vehicle and engine only projects. Projects cover on and off-highway engines from light duty to industrial and power generation.
This role will focus around engine simulation but supporting the drivers from modern hybridised powertrains
In addition to the above role, the candidate will be active in the following disciplines:
· Delivery of high quality simulation based project activities.
· Having a high degree of expertise in 1D and 3D ICE simulation techniques
· Have the ability to review results and direct recommendations for problem resolution to the expectation of the client.
· Maintain a keen awareness of industry trends, and new developments in order to apply the correct level of technology.
· Liaise with clients and other organisations
· Preparation of detailed technical client presentations for project engineering review.
· Preparation of marketing material to support business development activities
· Preparation and delivery of technical proposals to client organisations
The candidates would typically be graduate mechanical or aeronautical engineers who have been involved in supporting the design and development of engines
To meet demanding requirements, they are likely to have had progressively increasing levels of responsibility and will currently hold a senior simulation / project lead position.
They will be highly motivated self-starters who will be able to operate in a team environment
They must be able to communicate and make presentations with a high degree of clarity and technical competence.
Closing Date: 07/01/2019