Supplier Quality Assurance
- Role Type
- Closing Date
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality of a very high performance gasoline engine family. As a Parts/Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the quality of purchased parts from the suppliers you are assigned. Working within a small team your key objectives will include:
- Supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including: PPAP, process audit, surveillance visits
- Series process and part approval
- Problem resolution of parts quality issues working with suppliers using 8D and other automotive industry tools
- Management of supplier quality performance, including verification and implementation of corrective actions
- Managing the parts quality implications of product and process changes
- Proactive & reactive supplier improvement activities. Hands-on experience of Lean Manufacturing is essential
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
Experience of Parts and/or Supplier Quality Assurance or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the supply chain. Preferably within automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
- Some knowledge of automotive technology and product development
- Experience with various manufacturing processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
- The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
- A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels
- Tenacity, resilience and focus
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
This role involves regular travel to suppliers domestically and internationally
Note:Internal Candidates without the requisite experience can expect to receive the appropriate training and support needed to achieve competence in the role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.
To register your interest in discussing this opportunity further please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org