Interim HR Manager
- Role Type
Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date
· Reporting to the EMEA Head of HR, act as line manager to the STC based HR team, monitoring and delegating work across the team
· Act as the key STC site-based HR Manager, overseeing all HR activity, administration, ER, disciplinary, capability and ill health, etc
· Support Ricardo Group HR Director as a member of the Ricardo HR management team
· Proactively coach and educate line managers to ensure that they develop the necessary people skills / competencies and legal awareness, maintaining a legally compliant environment
· Work in collaboration with other HR colleagues to develop, review and update HR procedures and processes which support the effective management of employee performance and development
· Develop & maintain positive relationships with the STC Works Council
· Support senior leadership team meetings, providing KPI statistics on headcount, diversity etc,
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Driver and owner – take responsibility, lead and deliver as well as own the outcome of activities which are assigned to them. Identifies change and makes it happen.
Process manager – identify and lead on processes necessary to get things done, organise activities and project manage to completion. Project manages with formal techniques, e.g. Plan and Schedule.
Strong communicator - has highly effective written and verbal skills e.g. has written and presented board level papers.
Organisation ability – ‘juggle’ multiple activities at once to accomplish goals. Can balance what is required to get the job done with the resources available.
Leader – sets direction and is able to get the best out of others.
Customer and quality focused - Excellent interpersonal skills presenting in a calm and approachable manner, flexible and proactive.
Numerate – able to work comfortably with numbers
Relevant degree and MCIPD (or equivalent)
HR management level experience in an engineering, manufacturing or a consultancy environment (In a global setting – desirable but not essential)
Proven experience in managing projects
Strong technical knowledge in key areas: benefits, compensation, employment law (including GDPR & data security),
Knowledge and development of HR systems, policies and workflows.