Senior/Principal Systems Engineer - Vehicle Systems
- Role Type
- Contract, Permanent
- Cambridge, Leamington Spa, Shoreham-by-Sea, Prague
- Closing Date
Due to a growing portfolio of engineering projects within the Ricardo Systems Engineering Capability Group, we are actively searching for a Systems Engineer to lead the System Engineering activities and deliver on-going customer projects working on a large variety of vehicle based projects ranging from one off concept vehicle through to complete multi-platform and multi-application production programmes.
Based at a Ricardo Technical Centre in the UK or in the Ricardo Prague Technical Centre, you will be primarily responsible for providing technical guidance and leadership for teams of engineers to deliver client projects in the following ways:
- Capture system level requirements from the customer needs
- Decompose vehicle features to functions
- Partition and decompose functions and system level requirements to sub-system and component levels ensuring full traceability
- Undertake design, analysis and verification using SysML
- Develop logical architectures
- Develop suite of Systems Engineering documentation, including but not limited to, SRD (System Requirements Document), System Design Description (SDD), SSDD (Sub-System Design Description) and ICD (Interface Control Document)
- Undertake Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Customer interfacing for technical aspects of a project
In addition to the specific technical duties outlined above, the Systems Engineer will be involved in:
- Driving the Ricardo-wide adoption of Systems Engineering good practice and development of quality procedures
- Providing technical input to Systems Engineering and Integration business development across the Ricardo product groups and market sectors
- Promotion of capability throughout Ricardo’s global customer base
You are a proven engineer with a sound Engineering background with several years of experience of successfully delivering Systems Engineering projects.
You are now seeking your next move into a challenging industry that will broaden your experience and reward you with opportunities to work on varied and technically challenging projects.
Your degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will have:
- Significant experience in a Systems Engineering role developing complex automotive vehicle systems across the product lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of requirements management and analysis tools (i.e. Doors, JIRA, JAMA, Polarion etc)
- Good knowledge of Systems Modelling Language (SysML)
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle system architecture design considerations
In addition, you should have experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Integration of active chassis systems
- Integration of ADAS/CAV systems
- Integration of EV or hybrid systems
- Vehicle based networking and communications protocols
- System level safety concepts, requirements and related standards (including ISO 26262)
- Service Orientated Architectures (SOA)
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.