EOL Test Technician
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Summary of Job Function: Assembly of low volume, high value driveline systems for a variety of customers.
Running and operating EOL Rig to validate transmission performance after the assembly procedure and characterising system operation for the customer.
Responsible for mounting, carrying out the full test procedure, dismounting & maintenance with input to test operational procedures and modifications. In addition, compiling the full test report and issuing data.
Based at Ricardo’s Midlands Technical Centre in Leamington Spa.
- Experience in the assembly of complex, high precision mechanical, hydraulic and some electrical systems.
- Experience with testing and rig environments and associated good practises
- Precision measurement skills from first principles using manual measurement equipment.
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings and information pertaining to assembly, periodic updates and modifications
- Thorough understanding of Transmission systems being beneficial although training will be provided.
- Meticulous attention to detail in data analysis and data interpretation highly valued
- Labview, Matlab & NI equipment experience desirable
- Promoting teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel
- Good communication skills with ability to talk to customers and sensitivity to commercial factors.
- Clear, logical thinker with the ability to understand and solve problems
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment
- A can do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential.
- Problem solving and fault finding / investigation on complex, high precision mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Problem solving in a high-tech specialist engineering environment.
- Operation of test equipment.
- Working with complex, technically advanced mechanical / hydraulic systems.
Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products in particular Excel
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.