Planning & Supply Chain Coordinator
- Role Type
- Closing Date
The principle function of this role is to ensure the timely expediting that the internal movement of parts within the MTC site operates with the right priorities and timing to ensure all sales orders and assembly plans are met.
- Creation of Sales Orders within the company ERP system.
- Coordination with Manufacturing to assist in the planning and prioritisation of internally produced parts.
- Coordination with Purchasing to ensure both order confirmation and order adherence from the external supply base.
- Raising and closing of production orders within the company MRP system and the generation of stock shortage reports.
- Booking transport for deliveries via transport portal and directly with designated carriers.
- Responsible for generating and reporting several key KPI measures including material shortages and resultant actions, internal OTIF and stock availability for sales
- Work closely with the Stores function to ensure any material shortages for picks and/or sales orders are captured, actioned and reported where necessary.
- Experience working with the automotive or similar industry, particularly within the Supply Chain function
- Ideally experience within production planning or material planning departments
- A solid, demonstrable experience of working with company MRP systems
- Strong and demonstrable skills working with common business reporting tools including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage colleagues and build positive working relationships.
- Strong planning, problem-solving and numeracy skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Confidence in using ERP / MRP systems.
- Ability to process large amounts of information in complex data sets and produce succinct and easy to understand summaries with attention to detail.
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques and/or lean training
- Relevant experience in the implementation of processes and procedures to effectively manage supply chains and logistics systems.
- Supplier development experience
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.