Digital Information Assistant
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Knowledge is a digital information business for Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC) a leading strategic consultancy at the heart of a global engineering brand, Ricardo. Our mission is to become the digital leader in the provision of engineering and environmental insight for an international audience. We provide technically superior, comprehensive yet practical insights saving global professionals time and money. We work across the Ricardo Group and our 3rd parties to deliver original, high-quality digital products & services to global leading brands.
The Digital Information Assistant role combines Information knowledge and research with technical expertise in digital data, metadata, email software tools and Google Analytics in collaboration with Ricardo Knowledge’s Information Services team. It’s a great opportunity to work within a progressive team who are on a mission to create a tailored information resource that is superior to other products on the market.
This position reports directly to the Ricardo Knowledge Commercial Manager and works closely with the Senior Information Specialist and Client Account Coordinator. The Digital Information Assistant may also interact with the eCommerce team and Subject Matter Experts around the world.
- Operational maintenance, development, and delivery of automotive focused information and insight subscription products and services (including, for example, databases, news bulletins, subject updates)
- Support the identification and acquisition, of new source material, such as technical papers, conference proceedings, etc.
- Be responsible for the processing, creation and maintenance of records of new source material received
- Perform quality control on new and existing data and metadata and upload files
- Use of email software tools to generate automated content
- Manage subscriptions to additional 3rd party data sources and make available to the wider internal organisation
- Undertake secondary research to support the delivery of products and services
- Update and maintain Standards documentation and training materials for researchers
- Use web interfaces for accessing digital materials including Ricardo’s database tool
- Analyse data received and research ways to combine data from multiple sources and partners to support the Information Services team
- Be proficient in journal scanning to identify key information relevant to the client’s requirements to support the Senior Information Specialist
- Use of analytics to improve search queries and performance
- Previous experience of developing information and insight-based subscription products and services, preferably within a digital environment
- Ability to assess and select key information from a wide source base
- Ability to summarise key information
- Passion and knowledge of automotive and/or mobility industry
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is desirable
Skills and behaviours
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics
- Accurate analytical and data interpretation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment and enjoy working with multi-disciplinary teams of Product Development, Digital Marketing and Sales
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with a passion to learn and grow in the role