Business and Market Analyst
- Role Type
- Leamington Spa, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
As Ricardo seeks to define its medium-term strategy to grow and diversify its business activities the role will support the Ricardo Executive Committee in making strategic growth decisions through the analysis of market sectors, geographies and technology. These data based insights will help identify the most attractive growth opportunities beyond the business as usual growth of our existing divisions. The role will require an understanding of both our existing strategy as well as the longer-term Ricardo PLC mission of ‘Creating a World fit for the Future’.
- Conduct and document detailed market sector and geographical analyses as required to evaluate adjacent sectors that support the group mission
- Establish a priority ranked approach to growth sectors which will be used to evaluate acquisition targets and cross-divisional benefits
- Maintain an active horizon scanning register for innovation in agreed sectors with specific focus on disrupting technologies and competitors
- Conduct and document detailed innovation project feasibility assessments using requirement gathering techniques, business case development and analysis as well as, detailed business requirements documentation
- Liaise closely with both the Chief Innovation Officer and the M&A team to provide timely analyses as required
- Demonstrated business analysis skills and ability to understand business
- Demonstrated flexibility, ability to deal with ambiguity and willingness to learn new skills.
- Evidence of ability to build relationships, work on a team and be supportive of team members
- Evidence of ability to manage multiple projects and requests, assess priorities and work with aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative as well as communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Have a strong client focused orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines and ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Work with customer groups to project scope, financials, timeline and project milestones to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and consistent with client expectations
- Build and maintain relationships across business units; participate in cross-functional committees and build project committee schedules.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Engineering, Science, Economics or Business
- Additional MBA qualification preferred
- Proveable combined experience in product development lifecycles, creation and execution of test experience, market research, and business case development
- Prior experience with data mapping, market analysis, competitive analysis