Multitasking CNC Lathe Setter/Operator (Weekend Night Shift)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
We are seeking a machining setter operator, to increase our capability / capacity in this area, working on our new Weekend Night Shift.
This role involves working in a small team to deliver high quality transmission components, mainly for the motorsport / aerospace industries, with a right first time philosophy. You will be supported by our EdgeCam and Delcam off line programming, as well as your team leader and be working on Mazak Integrex i-200-ST Multi Axis Machining Centres
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate that they:
- can produce components from drawing / planning route cards to the highest quality, and within the routed time.
- Show a proactive and innovative approach to supporting the team, thrive on problem solving and have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the team.
- Applicants must have experience working primarily with Mazak/Fanuc controls, but Mazatrol programming experience would be beneficial, multitasking lathe experience would be advantageous.
- Be flexible towards all other areas of manufacturing, therefore experience with Mazak VariAxis i500/i600 machines, and setting/operating two axis CNC Lathe machines would also be beneficial.
- Be willing to work overtime when required to achieve delivery dates.
- The candidate must be able to read and understand programmes also be able to edit programmes and alter speeds and feeds if required to.
- The candidate must have good knowledge and understanding of turning tips and milling cutters being used.