Production Leader (Milling / Prismatic)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Maintain timing and sequencing of production order operations in line with finite capacity scheduling wherever possible, and to ensure on time delivery to schedule and maximum utilization of resources
- To ensure Ricardo’s Health & Safety, Environmental, Confidentiality and Quality policies are always adhered to in the Manufacturing area.
- Review all risk assessments associated with their areas in line with Ricardo’s procedures and policies.
- Manage the team members ensuring suitable flexibility to realize the dynamic requirements of the business, providing time and resources for training when and where required.
- Maintain a standardised team information board including KPI’s, to proactively communicate and challenge the team members to achieve the performance targets of the business.
- Carry out annual PDR’s with team members, providing support and direction to enable them to realize their maximum potential.
- Ensure all maintenance and service issues are communicated effectively to the Manufacturing Maintenance Manager ensuring overall equipment effectiveness.
- Ensure all setter / operators are suitably dressed in company clothing / PPE and keep their workstations and the immediate areas around the machines, clean, organized, and efficient at all times.
- Working closely with the Product Team and Manufacturing Engineering to maximise throughput, efficiency and quality levels, at minimal cost.
- To perform their role effectively, production team leaders are expected to have strong leadership skills, being able to listen, direct, advise, challenge, correct, motivate, and praise team members to achieve the performance targets of the business.
- To engage with their teams to effectively communicate the requirements of the business, empowering team members to continuously and proactively improve machining methods and processes.