Gear Cutter (Shaper) - Weekend Nightshift
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering and strategic, technical and environmental consultancy business with a value chain that includes the niche manufacture and assembly of high-performance products. Our ambition is to be the world’s pre-eminent brand in the development and application of solutions to meet the challenges in the transportation, energy and scarce resource sectors.
We are seeking CNC machine setter operators to increase our capability/capacity in this area, working a 36-hour weekend nightshift.
This role involves working in a small team to deliver high quality transmission components, mainly for the motorsport /aerospace industries, with a right first-time philosophy.
The candidate will be expected to create and edit programs on Siemens and Bosch controllers for the following machines.
- Gleason GP300 ES Shaping machine (Siemens control)
- Pfauter PSA 150 Shaping machine (Siemens control)
- Gleason-Pfauter 200 Hobbing machine (Siemens control)
- Pfauter PE-150 Hobbing machine (Bosch control)
The candidate will be expected to have cutting knowledge of spur gears, helical gears, splines, sherlocks and slots.
- The successful candidate will have to demonstrate that they can produce components from drawing/planning route cards to the highest quality, and within the routed time.
- Show a proactive and innovative approach to supporting the team, thrive on problem solving and have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvements within the team.
- Applicants must have experience working with Siemens and Bosch controls.
- Applicant must be able to inspect their own work using a Klingelnberg P26 gear graphing machine, pins and span micrometres.
- Any deburring, lapping or bevel cutting experience is advantageous.