- Role Type
- Closing Date
Based at Ricardo’s Midlands Technical Centre in the UK. Working for the Finance Business Partner with a dotted line into the site Director providing analytical support to niche manufacturing facility and projects. This is a highly commercial and operational role which the successful candidate will have a real impact on the business performance.
You will be involved in all elements of the business including:
- Supporting the site director and project teams by providing sound analysis and advice to enable sound operational and commercial decision making.
- Provide insight and challenge to enable robust decision making.
- Be part of the decision-making process so the business impacts are considered.
- Generate, interpret and prepare ad-hoc Management information to enable operational and commercial decision making, e.g. efficiency and pricing.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
- Ownership for product pricing and profitability analysis.
- Evaluate, measure and drive cost down business opportunities.
- Report Sales Order Intake and ensure reconciliation to ERP system.
- Define, improve, standardise and systemise daily / weekly KPI reporting.
- Challenge profitability and cash flow and increasing awareness of business decisions on working capital.
- Perform the month end process for the business unit.
- Ownership of Forecasting, budgeting and reporting for the business unit.
- Production of Management Accounts with the business unit sign off.
- Responsible for production and improvements of the Business unit operational monthly dashboard.
- Improving visibility of daily KPI’s and real-time reporting.
Investment / Capital Decision Support
- Review locally all Capital investments before divisional approval.
- Ownership of local asset register
- Studying for or qualified with an accountancy qualification.
- Degree/HND or other relevant qualification or experience.
- Highly numerate with a commitment to producing quality results for a demanding management team.
- Self-starter with the ability prioritise.
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel and proficient in other Microsoft products.
- Experience in interrogating ERP systems (preferably Baan)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a business environment, preferable manufacturing
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.