Planning and Logistics Manager
- Role Type
- Closing Date
This role will oversee sales order intake, production planning, stores operations, shipment control and import/export controls at Ricardo’s Leamington Spa facility for the Performance Products division.
Through effective management of the existing planning and stores functions this role will develop and monitor processes and KPIs to maintain a high OTIF measure to Ricardo’s customers.
The Planning department works closely with both Project and Sales functions to manage the intake of orders to the business and the subsequent loading of demand to the company MRP system. Additionally, the department is responsible for and maintains over-sight of the configuration control for manufacturing and production, ECR/ECN process and demand planning (purchase and production) in line with the MRP output.
This role must also bring experience and knowledge of complex import / export controls and be able to adapt Ricardo’s business to cope with the changes expected in this area in the near future.
Through direct management of the Stores team this role will also oversee all incoming and outgoing materials through the business, including supply to multiple internal production lines and dispatch to external customers. High levels of internal customer satisfaction must be maintained alongside achieving and maintaining greater than 98% inventory accuracy.
- Experience of working within Planning, Configuration control and Logistics environments
- Demonstrable experience managing teams within a Planning or M,P&L department
- Excellent working knowledge of import / export processes, controls and regulations
- Excellent knowledge and experience of stock management processes including lot control and stock audit
- Demonstrable experience working with ERP / enterprise level logistics systems e.g. SAP, Baan, InforLN
- Good communication skills at all levels with ability to talk to customers and sensitivity to commercial factors.
- Clear, logical thinker with the ability to understand and solve problems.
- Understanding, simplifying and improving complex processes
- Ability to think and act as a ‘service provider’
- Excellent level of PC and general computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Strong and demonstratable experience of working with MRP/ERP systems for manufacturing
- Ideally MRP/ERP implementation experience