Solution Lead, Embedded Software
- Role Type
Any Ricardo office globally
- Closing Date
Overview of Role:
Ricardo’s engineering solutions deliver high value to our customers businesses. This is achieved through the development of technical solutions aligned to our customers valued needs and Ricardo’s strengths. The development of these solutions will be led by this role, principally from one of our European offices and reporting directly to the Software, Control and Calibration (SCC) Service Line Director.
You will be responsible for winning new business through the development & delivery of value propositions to our customers. A key requirement is to understand the market and customer needs for embedded software, including future trends in legislation or standards and combine this with knowledge of Ricardo’s experience and expertise to generate compelling value propositions.
This will be achieved by working closely with the regional sales teams and developing strong relationships with our customers. This will include promotion of the existing Ricardo embedded software products and services, as well as developing new products and offerings exploiting opportunities within the automotive, aerospace, rail, marine and defence sectors.
The position requires a technical background in automotive embedded software and experience in product development. A sound understanding of the process to develop the technical and commercial offering with a customer and the experience of how this will be delivered by Ricardo
Accountability / Key Responsibilities:
- Developing road maps and technical strategies that create new value offerings, including diversification into other industries e.g. Rail, Aerospace, Defence and strategic partnerships with other companies
- Developing and coordinating the embedded software marketing strategy, including marketing material
- Responsible for generating new business to meet budgeted Turnover and Revenue targets for the Embedded Software Function
- Owning and driving bid development to our customers, including business approvals and senior stakeholder management
- Ensuring that Lessons Learnt on projects are used appropriately within new bids and offerings
- Maintain awareness of the latest technology and industry trends
- Driving and guiding the service line R&D to deliver the products and solutions needed to take to market to show case Ricardo’s technical pedigree and value
- Providing input and steering to SCC Engineering Function leaders to ensure the right set of skills and technical knowledge are available to deliver the service line value propositions
- Understanding the approaches and value offerings of our competitors in order to evaluate and enhance the service line competitive position
- Developing and maintaining a strong client network and key client relationships with successful lead generation in collaboration with Regional Sales Teams
- Maintaining, building and leveraging links with other Ricardo divisions
You will be a highly competent self-starter with an appreciation of a broad range of current and future technologies and industry trends:
- A passion for technology, engineering and delivering solutions to our customers: Technically literate and keen to learn new technologies, you will have relevant embedded software experience in the automotive sector, with a track record within industries such as the Automotive, Aerospace, Rail or Defence industries.
- A good understanding of the needs of Ricardo’s clients and the operation of a Technical Consultancy business
- Good business acumen, with a mix of qualifications and/or experience in:
- Ability and experience to identify and qualify a business opportunity, both from a technical and commercial point of view, with experience of leading responses to requests for quotation
- Account management
- Marketing (as in “route-to-market”, but also as in “understand what the clients need and value” so as to steer future product/service development)
- Commercial negotiations
- Experience of other aspects of contracting is a plus, such as ability to understand and discuss/negotiate legal and financial issues (terms and conditions, invoicing / cash flow, etc.)
- Sound Engineering background to enable sufficiently robust technical reviews to take place and to assess the quality engineering processes used during our business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and leadership qualities
- Experience in technical project leadership & program management
- Knowledge of business finance systems and processes
- An ability to collaborate and influence, you will work well with internal and external stakeholders
- An analytical and strategic thinker, you will have the ability to develop and present balanced, insightful conclusions to stakeholders
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific, technical or engineering subject
- Well organised, with the ability to plan and deliver independently
- A resilient, pragmatic and positive outlook is essential
- Flexible in work approach to working and being prepared to meet client demands which include being prepared to travel extensively to our global customers.
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a summary of how your skills and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.