Production Team Leader
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Currently we are currently looking to add to our skilled and experienced engineering team within our Performance Products division at our company headquaters in Shoreham. This will be a role which will be working on a rotating shift pattern between monday to friday (Earlies & Late shift). This is a key position to enable us to deliver quality finished goods to our clients who are some of the most recognisable brands in the world of motorsport.
- Assist group leader (G/L) to manage daily production in engine build unit.
- Follow safe working practices at all times and ensure other team members to do the same, including correct use of PPE. Submit incident reports and improvement suggestions in line with company systems.
- Oversee completion of pre-shift checks, TPM, 5S and Standard Work Overchecks
- Complete the manning board daily and ensure break times are adhered to
- Plan and implement team member training and associated records to maintain versatility and team development
- Respond to Andon calls and take appropriate actions to correct/manage problems, reporting status and issues in line with the Production Escalation procedure.
- Ensure team members are following standardised work
- Monitor stock of parts and call shortages to logistics
- Support Group Leader by covering some delegated tasks as required due to absence.
- Compile accurate daily OEE records and shift summary.
- Ensure all relevant build and quality records are completed (QMA entries correctly input, build records scanned, BAAN/MRP system updated).
- Support continuous improvement and problem solving activities with relevant production knowledge
- Support NPI activities, including Team Member training and feedback on readiness and suitability of new or modified facilities and processes.
- Clear demonstration of management and leadership skills, able to lead by example with some experience in coaching others
- Experienced manufacturing team member (automotive assembly and or engine experience preferred but not essential).
- Proven leader with strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and to representatives of support functions
- Comfortable working in a production environment, under pressure to maintain delivery plans
Qualifications, Training, Knowledge and Experience expected:
- Automotive and assembly experience an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing systems and techniques
- Demonstrated experience of delivering production targets
- Full UK driving licence