- Role Type
- Contract, Permanent
- Closing Date
The Logistics Supervisor will report to the Materials Manager and be responsible for the logistics aspects of the Victoria production process. With a staff of approximately 4 they will, on a shift rotational basis, oversee the reception of bulk store components, accounting for them, accurately processing them into Inventory, subsequent distribution to both internal customers for assembly and external customers for spares and repairs and receipt and distribution of Finished Goods. This will be working on a rotating double day shift.
The primary tasks of this position are:
- Controlling the issue and receipt of vehicle engine kits in accordance with the Bills of Materials for each installation and in accordance with Conversion Schedule and in line with current security procedures.
- Amending data as required in response to pick / program errors.
- Overseeing the receipt of bulk stores delivered from the UK and elsewhere and completion of necessary documentation.
- Ensuring received materials are correctly entered on the BAAN system and that usage is also correctly recorded on vehicle inventory records.
- Maintain accuracy of Inventory using process confirmation of receipts, shipments to line and outbound despatches.
- Lead problem solving to root cause where non-conformance is identified.
- Packaging and dispatching of items to customers, sub-contractors and 3rd parties including the associated paperwork, under the direction of the Materials Manager.
- Training and management of other stores staff, including Mechanical Handling Equipment Operators.
- Carrying out daily area and serviceability checks on all warehouse equipment and forklifts, if necessary reporting faults to ensure a safe working environment.
- Advising on the correct layout of the stores.
- Arranging for collection of stores purchased locally.
Qualifications / Experience
The following are essential:
- High level of competence and preferred supervisory experience of a logistics team.
- Experience of warehouse operations, including receipt and issue of goods. (Preferred)
- Experience in the use of modern warehouse equipment to include handheld wireless stations, bar coding, etc.
- Knowledge of health and safety at work legislation and practices in a workshop environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- IT literate.
- Good standard written and spoken English