Head of Support Team - Ricardo Software
- Role Type
- Leamington Spa, London, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
Ricardo Software is a division of the Ricardo group, a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specialises in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors. Ricardo Software develops and licenses advanced virtual engineering CAE software and technical support services to global partners across automotive, rail, motorcycle, off-highway, defence, energy and environment industries. Their proprietary, leading-edge simulation software enables users to quickly and accurately design, analyse and optimise complex physical systems. Through technology exploration and process innovation Ricardo Software enables customers to reduce R&D costs and bring new products to market faster, with confidence.
What we're looking for
We are looking to hire an experienced, ambitious and energetic Manager of Customer Support. This position reports directly to the Director of Product Management. The position location is flexible and can be based in the UK or US – either home working, or office based in London, Leamington Spa, Shoreham or Detroit.
As the Manager of Customer Support, you will be responsible for leading our Customer Support team, who provide quality and timely service to new and existing internal and external customers. You will be responsible for fostering a positive, customer-centric culture within the team, developing a high level of subject-matter expertise across the team, empowering and developing your team, and serving as the voice of the customer internally by using data to drive process and product improvements. You will also be responsible for overseeing the support team’s contribution to other functions such as user testing before product releases, paid training engagement, Application Engineering for revenue generating projects, etc.
You will further establish and promote a support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects and ensures that every customer support contact is positive.
Successful Candidate Attributes and Responsibilities
- Extensive experience of successfully leading internationally based project or support based teams
- Degree in a relevant scientific, technical, engineering or computer related subject
- You are customer obsessed and use data to identify opportunities to improve our customer experience, positively impact the business, as well as execute to make these a reality.
- Thoughtful, clear communication is your specialty; you can translate strategy and goals and communicate across cross-functional teams and complex customer organizations to effectively deliver best-in class service to our customers. You are also adept at doing so to when English is not the first language.
- You will manage support level and customer satisfaction metrics, ensuring the support SLA’s are being met and exceeded. You will proactively identify opportunities to improve metrics and team efficiency.
- You’re an expert in authentically engaging stakeholders and leveraging feedback for continuous improvement - You will manage the communication of new or recurring problems to product management, product development, customer facing employees, and customers.
- You’re also a data-driven decision maker with the ability to structure ambiguity into actionable, value-added plans. You have a successful track record or identifying and implementing changes to methods, processes, systems and technologies to improve operational metrics. Indeed, you inspire continuous improvement in support delivery and that will actively help Ricardo meet its business objectives.
- You bring a commercial focus to the customer support team by driving sales from customer interactions through cross selling and upselling based on customer needs and goals.
- You possess excellent project and time management skills, with a track record of performance and successful implementation across multiple concurrent projects.
- You have an ability to handle multiple, shifting, and competing priorities, and drive the team towards results. You excel in both project and resource planning and can minimize unexpected surprises and escalations via early warning processes.
- As the team leader, you have a track record of empowering and developing your team, being a coach and a mentor, and setting an inspiring team vision and strategy. You will foster an environment of continuous learning and help bridge knowledge and process gaps within the teams. You will also ensure the team has access to development tools, methodologies and resources needed to be successful.
- You are also familiar with contact center best practices, systems, and tools such as Microsoft Dynamics and Freshdesk, as well as other CRMs, Chatbots, AI, etc.
- Serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership, blogging, social media and speaking
- The ability to travel within Europe, to the US and Asia, as required in the role and when allowed
- An additional European language, Chinese or Japanese is of course a plus, but not a requirement
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment with a highly talented team ready to take on new challenges
- The opportunity to craft Ricardo Software’s product strategy and future direction
- Significant influence and autonomy in an area that is absolutely critical for Ricardo Software’s future success, and proactively drive the change
- Strong, supported career development for the proactive, self-starters with strong delivery
- Attractive remuneration and company benefits
- Flexible working structures, available to everyone in the company
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.