Quality Inspector (Goods In)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Inspector to join a dedicated team within our Performance Products division at Ricardo. This is an integral role which will part of our inspection team checking and verifying incoming components from varying suppliers to enable our hi tech production facility can continue its operations without disruption. Reporting into the Supplier Quality Manager, this is a fantastic permanent opportunity to join a recognised specialist within the automotive industry. The role is a shift role working on a 1 week rotating earlies to lates pattern
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check components received from external suppliers against pre-determined inspection plan(s)
- Use reporting system to ensure parts are inspected in First in First Out (FIFO)
- Work closely with Supplier Quality Assurance.
- Use system to transfer stock from inspection.
- Use lifting equipment (Zero G-Lift and Pedestrian Stacker).
- Involvement in Process Improvement initiatives.
- 5s and cleanliness control within stores and inspection areas.
Candidates Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to read complex drawings
- Quality Control and Goods Inwards Inspection experience
- Experienced user of Metrology Equipment: (Micrometers, Verniers, Callipers etc)
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Good IT literacy including use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with casts, machined and plastic parts (would be great)
- Experience with operating a CMM
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.