Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality across series production and new projects within the Performance Products division of Ricardo.
You will be responsible for the quality of purchased parts from the suppliers you are assigned. As Senior SQA engineer you will be at the heart of our casting & machining supply base for heads and blocks and other engine components.
Working alone, or leading a small team on designated projects, your key objectives will include:
- Creating and managing customer quality requirements and associated documentation.
- Supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including: APQP, PPAP, process audit, surveillance visits and Supplier assessment audit
- Problem resolution of parts quality issues working with suppliers using 8D and other automotive industry tools
- Management of supplier quality performance, including identification, implementation, and verification of corrective actions
- Proactive & reactive supplier improvement activities. Hands-on experience of Lean Manufacturing is essential
- Managing the parts quality - implications of product and process changes
- Generating goods receiving inspection documents. Training and guiding inspectors of the requirements on parts
- Series supplier quality process management and part approval
- Working closely with procurement, design and system engineers. Liaising with customer and supplier.
- Administrative duties to manage part numbers and revisions to required level documents during development
- Working with suppliers to ensure part delivery and correct maturity
- Where required; supervising and coaching a small team to deliver projects on time and in full
- Developing, or improving, and introducing department processes to the team
- Reporting status against project targets and department KPIs
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
Experience of Parts and/or Supplier Quality Assurance or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the supply chain. Preferably within automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
- Knowledge of series production and product development required
- Experience with various manufacturing processes; casting and machining specifically
- Excellent problem-solving skills, hands on when required, and ability to work to tight deadlines. Resilient and focused approach in delivering precise and accurate result
- Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques with an analytical mind and used to data driven decision making
- The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated
- A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers, customers and internally at all levels. Ability to build rapport across businesses
- Pragmatic approach workload management, remaining commercially aware to the key issues. Tenacious attitude in handling workload and issue resolution
- Prior people management/leadership experience desirable
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Full driving licence
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally to support supplier visits, potentially at short notice
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and IATF 16949. Lead auditor trained preferred.
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.