Gear Cutting CNC Shaper (Weekend Nights)
- Role Type
- Closing Date
We are looking for an experienced and quality conscious CNC Machinist to join our Gear Cutting team within the manufacturing area our performance products division. Experience of working in a fast-paced environment is key as our customer’s requirements are incredibly dynamic and challenging. With a keen eye for detail, you will be part of a highly skilled and dedicated team that are involved in the design, development, manufacture, and assembly of high-performance quality transmission components for motorsport, automotive, aerospace, and defence industries.
- Will be able to demonstrate achievements working within a precision machine shop using CNC Shaping & Hobbing machines.
- Will have a very comprehensive knowledge of engineering drawings and understanding of geometric dimensioning, and tolerancing.
- Demonstrate their ability to understand all aspects of Gear and Spline data tables.
- Provide evidence of actual experiences machining and inspecting complex components from detailed written instructions that conform to drawing and data tables.
- Will be required to Write and edit programs, whilst selecting appropriate cutting data to ensure economic use of tools and time.
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
Will benefit from a working experience with the following machines.
- Gleason GP300 ES Shaping machine (Siemens control)
- Pfauter PSA 150 Shaping machine (Siemens control)
- Gleason-Pfauter 200 Hobbing machine (Siemens control)
- Pfauter PE-150 Hobbing machine (Bosch control)
- Klingelnberg P26 gear graphing machine
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.