- Role Type
- Closing Date
Working within Ricardo’s Performance Products division we are seeking an experienced Production Controller to manage workflow of components through a precision Manufacturing facility.
Reporting to the Production Control Manager, working in an incredibly challenging and dynamic environment, this role is to ensure world class performance delivering all projects to the customer on time and in full.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely and communicate with all areas of the business including Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing Planning, Programming, Subcontract operations, all Manufacturing Team Leaders, Quality and Logistics. Providing status and availability of parts as required.
- Will be required to decipher MRP planned demand data and bills of material to create precise reports that will give good visibility of projects at component level.
- The Candidate will be a very proactive, hands on person expected to spend time on the shopfloor ensuring issues are resolved to meet delivery commitments.
- It will be essential to micromanage some parts through the manufacturing area, prioritising multiple and often conflicting demands, with minimal disruption to other projects.
- Putting forward suggestions to improve delivery and continuously improve production control processes.
- To ensure Ricardo’s Health & Safety, Environmental, Confidentiality and Quality policies are always adhered to in the Manufacturing area.
To perform their role effectively, the production controller will need to be very precise, and diligent in all aspects of their role.
- Have excellent communication skills, working with all areas of the business be able to negotiate situations to ensure the best possible outcome for Ricardo.
- Will need to have demonstrable success working in a fast paced, low volume, batch environment with a large variety of complex components for Motorsport, Automotive, Aerospace, and Defence industries.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate a sound knowledge and experience of working with MRP (Bann / LN preferable) & scheduling systems (Preactor preferable).
- Good MS office skills, particularly Excel to be able to work with data and present delivery plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills to deal with issues such as machine breakdowns.
- Ability to work at all levels both inside and outside the organisation and with a variety of cultures.
- Excellent facilitator, process improver and change agent.
- Sound knowledge of the commercial realities of a modern manufacturing business.