CFD Analysis Engineer
- Role Type
- Leamington Spa, Prague, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
An opportunity exists within the Analysis Capability Group for a CFD Analyst to deliver on-going client projects supporting a number of design and development programmes.
The role involves managing the targeted use of CAE tools and testing work to provide thermal management solutions to clients. The role will encompass all powertrain types, from conventional combustion engine through to pure electric powertrains and battery systems.
A CFD Analyst is required to carry out a range of analysis tasks which include but are not limited to:
- Thermal analyses of electric motors, e-drives and battery systems
- Coolant and lubrication circuit analyses of various types of engines and vehicles, including hybrid and electric vehicles
- CFD analyses of air and liquid cooling of the engines
- To work on engineering activities for engines, cooling and thermal systems from prototype through to full series production on client projects
- Responsible for working closely with a design and development team to assess functionality and performance of the developed systems
- Modelling and analysis of fluid systems using combinations of both 1D and 3D fluid dynamics and thermal analysis tools
- Technical reporting; interpretation of results and suggestions for improvements
- Preparation and maintenance of process documentation associated with the analysis
- Support the development of future products and services; assisting in the development of new techniques
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidates would typically be graduate mechanical or aero-thermal engineers with experience of simulation and/or thermal testing at an OEM or Tier 1.
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- A sound knowledge of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics theory
- Experience using 1D flow and thermal analysis tools
- Must be able to communicate and make presentations with a high degree of clarity, having the ability to write and deliver technical presentations to both internal project teams and clients.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
It would be beneficial, but not essential if the applicant had some experience or knowledge in the following fields:
- Experience with 3D CFD codes like StarCD / Star CCM+, Fluent or VECTIS would be an advantage