Gasoline Calibration Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
A vacancy exists within our Software, Control and Calibration team for a Gasoline Calibration Engineer based at the Ricardo Shoreham Technical Centre (STC) in Shoreham-by-Sea, UK.
The suitable candidate will have an Engineering Degree and proven expertise in calibration development within an OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy and will ideally be knowledgeable in some or all of the following areas:
- Base engine calibration
- Engine emissions control
- Engine in vehicle calibration (emissions, performance, torque structure & driveability)
- Hybrid powertrain calibration
- On Board Diagnostics
- Experience in base engine performance and emissions hardware development
A good working knowledge of application tools and EMS strategies is critical to the role.
The range of responsibilities may include leading the following types of tasks:
- Engine combustion system and air path development in engine test cell
- Development of base engine calibration
- Vehicle calibration for emissions, performance, driveability and OBD
- Engine after treatment development & calibration
- Vehicle development and validation testing
- Advanced technology demonstrator vehicles
The candidate will also demonstrate diligence, professionalism, a focus on delivery and the ability to work effectively in a project team environment.
Excellent communication skills are expected as the role will be significantly customer facing. The candidate will be expected to liaise with customers on a regular basis and present the technical status of their projects.
Some business travel can be expected including customer meetings, occasional on-site development support and climatic testing trips.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to develop their career and become part of a world class team working with a global customer base on leading edge development programmes