Lead Hybrid Calibration Engineer
- Role Type
- Shoreham-by-Sea, Leamington Spa
- Closing Date
A vacancy exists within our Software, Control and Calibration team for a lead hybrid calibration engineer role based at the either Ricardo Shoreham Technical Centre (STC) in Shoreham-by-Sea, or Midlands Technical Centre (MTC) in Leamington Spa.
The suitable candidate will have an Engineering Degree and proven expertise in hybrid vehicle calibration development and validation within an OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy and will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Hybrid powertrain optimisation and validation
- Base engine calibration
- Engine emissions control
- Exhaust aftertreatment including GPF and exhaust system models
- Engine in vehicle calibration (torque structure, performance, driveability, climatic development)
- OBD legislation, development and sign off processes
- Certification and homologation processes
- Experience in base engine performance and emissions hardware development would be beneficial
- Programme planning and team leadership
- Customer liaison and project reviews
A good working knowledge of application tools and EMS strategies is critical to the role.
The range of responsibilities will include leading the following types of programme:
- Development of base engine calibration
- Vehicle calibration for emissions, driveability and OBD
- Hybrid powertrain calibration and validation testing
- Engine aftertreatment development & calibration
- Turn-key calibration programme delivery
The candidate will also demonstrate diligence, professionalism, a focus on delivery and the ability to effectively lead in a project team environment.
Excellent communication skills are expected as the role will be significantly customer facing. The candidate will be expected to liaise with customers on a regular basis and present the technical status of their projects.
The role could also include the preparation and presentation of commercial proposals to prospective customers.
A certain amount of business travel can be expected including customer meetings occasional on-site development support and climatic testing trips.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to develop their career and become part of a world class team working with a global customer base on leading edge development programmes.