Senior Software Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915. Our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Software is responsible for the development, sales and support of advanced engineering analysis software for powertrain and vehicle systems, with a worldwide customer base including major automotive manufacturers and tier one suppliers. Our software products comprise tools for the analysis of fluid and mechanical engine, powertrain and vehicle systems, with well-established brands in these areas.
Our engineering toolset for system-level analysis uses the Modelica language to describe multi-domain system models that allow efficient model-based design (MBD). The applications of these models are focused on, but not limited to, electrified powertrains and other automotive systems.
You will be responsible for leading the development of the engineering content of the Systems Modelling product.
- Guide and review the design of Modelica libraries and their components
- Provide engineering knowledge and experience to guide the implementation of Modelica components
- Liaise with internal and external customers to develop new modelling capabilities
- Create and deliver product presentations and demonstrations to various audiences
- Provide second-level support
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE
- Modelica language
- Experience at architecting Modelica system models and libraries (object-oriented design reusing building blocks)
- Python or other scripting languages
- 5 or more years of engineering experience in relevant fields
- Ability to apply Modelica-based mathematical models in workflows to solve real engineering problems
- Critical thinking
- Comfortable in Windows and Linux
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Software development experience (design, coding, testing, documentation, quality)
- Git or other version control
- Czech/Slovak language