- Role Type
- Closing Date
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their engine engineering experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment. Ricardo supplies all engines for McLaren’s range of sports and super cars from its Shoreham Technical Centre in West Sussex. The role is key in supporting the ongoing development of this engine and new product lines in a production environment.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to work with a small team with a broad remit to support the engineering of a very high performance gasoline engine family. As a member of our Product Engineering Team you will provide:
- Engineering insight into engine part and build issues as they occur in production, including at end of line test.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of production, client, warranty and supply chain issues using structured problem solving methods.
- Supporting continuous improvement projects and working through to conclusion with a cross-functional team.
- Support of supplier, client and Ricardo driven Engineering changes through the release process.
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate effectively to a broad audience and feedback investigation results at senior levels both internally and externally.
- Proactive in leading investigations and resolving Engineering issues – confidence in delivering tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Powertrain Engineering knowledge, with breadth favouring depth. High personal standards of engineering integrity and the drive to achieve a robust solution.
- Understanding of engine testing & development would be beneficial.
- Fundamental understanding of 8D, FMEA, DVP, structured change control and quality processes.
- Understanding of IATF16949 accreditation.
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task - able to assess, prioritise and respond with urgency to serious issues and balance longer term tasks.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering) would be preferred, however, other qualifications may be considered.
- Automotive awareness and previous experience of TS16949
- Engineering process improvement skills (green belt or similar).