Test Operations Technician
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Test Operation Installation Technician
We are looking for a confident and competent installation and commissioning technician to support our growing portfolio of driveline testing projects. You will have a strong background in mechanical and electrical test installation, rotating machines and test rig preparation.
We are looking for a confident and competent person with a strong background in mechanical fitting, electric machine and transmission systems or rotation machinery.
Working closely with the other members of the team, your role will be to plan, install and commission test components in readiness for test within the MTC facilities. Your everyday tasks will include:
- Fit transmissions, test motors, adaptors and driveline components to test rigs.
- Fabricate brackets or make up simple test stands as required.
- Ensure all fitting work is completed to strict health and safety standards.
- Liaise with technicians, engineers and managers working on test programs.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
You will hold good general mechanical fitting skills with experience in rotation machinery such as test rigs, Jig and fixtures, transmissions, axles, electric motors, engines, etc.
The following are essential requirements:
- Experience of mechanical installations of test rigs or rotating machinery.
- Experience of system or component testing on test rigs preferably transmissions or electric motors.
- Basic metalworking skills and ability to use test workshop equipment (lathe, milling machine, pillar drill, welder etc.) without necessarily being an expert.
- Flexibility to tackle unfamiliar tasks with limited guidance or supervision.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings.
- Understand and adhere to strict health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to integrate and work well within a small team.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping of facilities and workshops
The following would also be advantageous:
- Experience of building and stripping transmissions, engines or other rotation machinery.
- Experience of instrumentation and logging systems.
- Experience of test rig calibration processes.
- Experience of transmission inspection and measurement.
- Driving licence
- Prepared to work off-site for short durations of time (other Ricardo sites, customers sites in the UK and abroad)