Senior Project Manager
- Role Type
- Closing Date
As a Senior Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of complex engineering projects to a diverse list of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. You will work with industry recognised experts to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customer.
As a Senior Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for leading complex multi-disciplinary projects, managing risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to time, cost and quality requirements.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Overall project leadership of complex projects, responsible for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Being the senior customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
- Managing and monitoring project scope and leading customer negotiations on changes
- Supporting preparation of customer proposals (scope of work, timing, costs)
- Supporting development of Ricardo’s internal project management capability by supporting and coaching more junior members of the project management team
- Depending on the project worked on, the role will involve some travel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong experience of leading complex development projects following product development / introduction processes
- Be commercially astute with a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers
- Have proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
- Have a professional project management background and be APM qualified
- Be degree-qualified in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function
This role will be based full-time at Shoreham-by-Sea, with some flexibility for work to be conducted remotely.