2nd line IT Support Technician
- Role Type
Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date
2nd line IT Support Technician (maternity cover)
We are looking for an experienced 2nd line IT Support Technician (maternity cover).
You will work alongside a team delivering IT projects and support. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Accurate record keeping for desktops, laptops, and mobile phones.
· Upgrading computers and ensuring success for the end user.
· Securely decommissioning end of life hardware.
· Record relevant information and activity in the Service Desk System and the Asset Management system.
· Administration of permissions in Active Directory and other software systems.
· Local general IT support as required.
Our office is currently open, with appropriate COVID safe working conditions. This is not a role that can be carried out effectively when remote, so the role holder will be expected to be predominantly on site alongside their colleagues.
An interest and reasonable understanding of Information Technology, possibly with introductory experience in some of the following:
Replacing / upgrading PC internal hardware
Installation of Windows operating system and software
Configuring user accounts and permissions
Troubleshooting PC problems
Use of Microsoft Office
Information security principles
The candidate must be capable of working pro-actively and should be:
Confident, friendly, and able to deal directly with end user queries
Strong work ethic and be able to work well as part of a team
Conscientious, good time keeping and have good attention to detail
Able to manage personal priorities and know when to ask for help
Willing and able to learn new technologies