- Role Type
- Closing Date
As a Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for successfully managing the delivery of engineering projects to a diverse list of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. Whilst working with industry recognised experts to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers. You will manage risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure whilst ensuring that all projects are completed to customer satisfaction, time, cost, and quality requirements.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of projects, responsible for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Being the customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
- Managing and monitoring project scope against contract and leading customer negotiations on scope variations
- Management of project technical and commercial risks, developing mitigation plans and maintaining action trackers to reduce project risk and exposure
- Accurate reporting on project costs, developing accurate forecasts and ensuring invoices are released in line with contractual obligations
- Preparation and approval of proposal scope of work, timing plans, risk assessments and budgets; ensuring that proposals can be successfully delivered
- Depending on the project, the role might involve occasional travel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have experience of leading development projects following product development / introduction processes
- Have experience of preparing proposals in response to customer requirements
- Be commercially astute with a track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers
- Have proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
- Have a professional project management background and be APM or Prince 2 qualified
- Be degree-qualified in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvements
- Clear, logical thinker with the ability to understand and solve problems
- Good level of PC and general computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.