- Role Type
- Closing Date
Are you a recent business graduate with some industry experience or someone who's working in admin looking for your next step up in your career?
Either way if this fits your current situation we'd love to hear from you!!
Our role reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for the purchase and delivery of components and services to site to support the manufacturing and assembly operations.
This exciting role would have a wide range of work activities on a daily basis which would cover just some of the following:
- Purchasing of high value, technically complex, low volume components, including daily monitoring of on-time delivery
- Purchasing of consumables and Repair & Maintenance (R&M) activities and administrating items through the requisition system plus purchasing strategy for indirect production requirements
- Metal buying to assist and deputise for current metal buying engineer
- Reporting according to required departmental KPI measures
- Daily expediting in order to achieve excellent OTIF and avoid any parts supply issues
- Summarising critical issues and thinking ahead to any future issues.
- Communicating with suppliers on order details
- Purchase order administration support
- Service purchase order administration
- Administration of quarantined and rejected material
- Checking and validating of MRP system data such as LTs, MOQs and costs.
- Assisting in the definition of the contractual terms with suppliers
- NPI work alongside the project teams to help transition new work into ongoing operations
- Assisting with continuous improvement of the purchasing processes
If the below sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you!
- Experience of purchasing in a low volume / niche manufacturing environment
- Problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Commercial acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ideally have a technical background or a formal qualification gained in a professional technical environment
- Good communication skills at all levels with ability to talk to customers and suppliers with sensitivity to commercial factors
- Meticulous attention to detail and persistence in completing required administration
- Ability to think and act as a ‘service provider’
Come and join our office at Leamington Spa and enjoy free car parking, onsite canteen and our new gym with just a £5 per month membership. Our working hours are:
08:00 – 16:45 Mon-Thurs and 08:30 – 13:00 on Friday