- Role Type
- Closing Date
The Buyer reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for the purchase and delivery of components and services to site to support the manufacturing and assembly operations. Primarily focused on parts supply, the role will include PO placement, expediting and reporting. The Buyer must have commercial skills, an understanding of MRP planning and help the department with delivery of KPI improvements.
- Purchasing of high value, technically complex, low volume components, including daily monitoring of on-time delivery
- Purchasing of consumables and Repair & Maintenance (R&M) activities and administrating items through the requisition system plus purchasing strategy for indirect production requirements
- Metal buying to assist and deputise for current metal buying engineer
- Reporting according to required departmental KPI measures
- Daily expediting in order to achieve excellent OTIF and avoid any parts supply issues
- Summarising critical issues and thinking ahead to any future issues.
- Communicating with suppliers on order details
- Purchase order administration support
- Service purchase order administration
- Administration of quarantined and rejected material
- Checking and validating of MRP system data such as LTs, MOQs and costs.
- Assisting in the definition of the contractual terms with suppliers
- NPI work alongside the project teams to help transition new work into ongoing operations
- Assisting with continuous improvement of the purchasing processes
- Experience of purchasing in a low volume / niche manufacturing environment
- Problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Commercial acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must have a technical background and a formal qualification gained in a professional technical environment
- Good communication skills at all levels with ability to talk to customers and suppliers with sensitivity to commercial factors
- Meticulous attention to detail and persistence in completing required administration
- Clear, logical thinker with the ability to understand and solve problems.
- Understanding, simplifying, and improving complex processes
- Ability to think and act as a ‘service provider’
- Good level of PC and general computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Happy to work within a team and alongside other experienced professionals
Place of work is on site at Leamington Spa, fixed hours of work are:
08:00 – 16:45 Mon-Thurs and 08:30 – 13:00 on Friday