- Role Type
- Closing Date
Based at Ricardo’s Shoreham Technical Centre in the UK. Working for the Senior Finance Business Partner with a dotted line into the site Project Director providing analytical support to the high-performance engine assembly facility. This is a highly commercial and operational role which the successful candidate will have a real impact on the business performance. You will be involved in all elements of the business from setting the engine price through to helping to drive operational costs savings.
- Support the Engine Leadership Team by providing sound analysis and advice to enable sound operational and commercial decision making.
- Provide insight and challenge to enable robust decision making.
- Be part of the decision-making process so the business impacts are considered.
- Generate, interpret and prepare ad-hoc management information to enable operational and commercial decision making, e.g. efficiency and pricing.
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
- Ownership for product pricing and profitability analysis for engines.
- Liaising with the customer on financial elements of the price agreement.
Ensure cash flow is maximised.
Evaluate, measure and drive cost down business opportunities.
Define, improve, standardise, and systemise daily / weekly KPI reporting.
Challenge profitability and cash flow and increasing awareness of business decisions on working capital.
Perform the month end process for the business unit.
- Ownership of forecasting, budgeting, and reporting for the business unit.
Production of Management Accounts with business unit sign off.
Responsible for production and improvements of the Business unit operational monthly dashboard.
Proactively identify and implement process improvements in the finance function and ensure that all processes are adequately documented.
Identify internal control issues and actively implement changes to remedy these.
Investment / Capital Decision Support
Review locally all Capital investments before divisional approval.
Ownership of local asset register in collaboration with the Financial Controller.
- Studying for or qualified with an accountancy qualification.
- Degree/HND or other relevant qualification or experience.
- Highly numerate with a commitment to producing quality results for a demanding management team.
- Self-starter with the ability prioritise.
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel and proficient in other Microsoft products.
- Experience in interrogating ERP systems (preferably Infor LN)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a business environment, preferable manufacturing
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.
To register your interest in discussing this opportunity further please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org