CNC Grinder (Weekend Nights)
- Role Type
- Full time, Contract
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a leading global multi-industry engineering provider of technology, product innovation and strategic consulting. Our vehicle engineering capabilities extend from quick turnaround concept design and demonstrator vehicle builds, through to turnkey volume passenger car programs, including full production design, prototype build, development and release responsibility. Our focus is on the optimum use of digital tools to deliver high quality vehicles using the latest available technologies in the quickest possible time and at lowest cost.
We are seeking a CNC Grinder, Setter/Operator, to increase our capability/capacity due to increased expansion and growing order book, within Ricardo’s High Performance Transmission Products division.
- Programme Set and Operate, Studer CNC Grinder. Manual grinding experience would be advantageous.
- Programming of Fanuc 16T control and Studer Picto programming software.
- Grinding of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
- Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size and surface finish.
- Manual grinding as and when required cylindrical, internal/external and surface grinding.
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standard of work.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Proven experience within a grinding environment.
- Good knowledge of grinding wheel grades, types, and cutting data.
- Must have completed Apprenticeship.