Senior Project Manager
- Role Type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
As a Senior Project Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of complex engineering projects to a diverse set of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. You work closely with industry recognised experts and manage risk and Ricardo’s commercial exposure whilst delivering cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Overall project leadership of complex projects, responsible for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Being the senior customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
- Managing and monitoring project scope and leading customer negotiations on changes
- Supporting preparation of customer proposals (scope of work, timing, costs)
- Supporting development of Ricardo’s internal project management capability by supporting and coaching more junior members of the project management team
- Depending on the project worked on, the role will involve some travel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have strong experience of leading complex development projects following product development / introduction processes
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of 4-6 years project management experience in a high technology environment
- Be commercially astute with a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers
- Have proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
- Have a professional project management background experience and be APM qualified
- Be degree-qualified in a relevant subject, currently delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function