Test Systems Automation Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
Ricardo’s Automotive EMEA Division are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Engineer to join the Test Facilities team. Test Facilities support the entire Testing capability group for vehicle, engine test, fuel cell and test rig facilities.
You will operate inside the Test Automation team, working alongside mechanical and software engineers. The Test Automation team provide expertise in measurement systems and instrumentation, test automation and data processing. As well as providing day-to-day operational support, the group leads a range of projects to investigate and exploit new measurement methods, systems, and processes to meet the future needs of our customers. We also develop software tools, web applications and dashboards to maximise operational effectiveness. We are passionate about working with customers and in-house teams to develop new products, or to integrate solutions into existing products. We love researching and applying the latest technologies in whatever field we find ourselves working.
The ideal candidate will have some combination of the following skills and characteristics:
- Experienced automation application engineer or expert user (preferably HORIBA STARS, AVL Puma or similar).
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience.
- Proven ability to diagnose and solve faults. You will be comfortable analysing data and producing reports.
- An ability to work on your own initiative as part of a multifunctional team, with a keen interest in sharing improvements.
- Sound understanding of implementation of first principles engineering.
- Keen interest in new technologies and enthusiasm for implementation of solutions to unique technical problems.
- Strong focus on customer delivery whilst working under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Preferably degree educated in an engineering discipline or demonstrated suitable experience.
Ricardo is at the forefront of future technologies, including IC engines, fuel cells, hybrids, rail, digitalisation and clean energy. The successful candidate will be fortunate enough to receive training and gain expertise in some of the following areas:
- Propulsion systems e.g. IC Engines, fuel cells, hybrids and electrical vehicles.
- Instrumentation and control systems.
- Software development e.g. Python, C#, SQL, VBA, web development.
- Communications protocols (CAN, AK, serial).