Process Engineering Lead
- Role Type
- Closing Date
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their manufacturing experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on environment, producing an exciting product. The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to lead and develop a small team with a broad remit to support the assembly and test of a very high-performance gasoline engine family.
- Lead and develop the series production process engineering and maintenance team
- Responsible for all production processes, including standard work instructions and tooling, across the range of series production variants.
- Specification, procurement and installation of new or replacement facilities and tooling to support the manufacturing processes.
- Create and maintain process quality documentation, including PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA and SPC.
- Facilitation of a Kaizen approach to continuous improvement.
- Provide preventative maintenance and reliability expertise, including liaison with equipment and service providers, breakdown support, calibration and scheduled routine maintenance.
- Support customer and internal production problem resolution workstreams, following a standardised (8D) process
- Support the product engineering team with Engineering Change Requests.
- Support for New Product Introduction activities, including assessment of feasibility for production, launch readiness and final approval and handover of responsibilities
- Ensure process engineering activities are conducted in adherence to the Quality Management System and assist with review and update of processes and procedures as required
Knowledge and Experience
- MS Office suite
- Working knowledge of a wide range of assembly tools and equipment
- Quality tools such as PFMEAs, Control Plans, MSA and SPC
- Powertrain systems technical knowledge is desirable
- Experience with engine test bed facilities is desirable
- Knowledge of ISO9001, ISO 14001, IATF16949 desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams.
- Ability to use skills and knowledge to find innovative solutions.
- High personal standards of engineering integrity with the passion and tenacity to achieve a robust solution.
- Organised, with an ability to multi-task - able to assess, prioritise and respond with absolute urgency to serious issues, should they arise
- Proven experience in planning and delivering tasks on time and to high standard.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate confidently and effectively to a broad audience, both internally and externally.