Senior Controls Engineer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
We are a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specialises in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors. Our work extends across a range of market sectors – including passenger cars, commercial vehicles, rail, defence, motorsport, energy and environment.
Our Software, Control and Calibration group is responsible for the specification, implementation and validation of complex control systems for a wide range of complex, clean propulsion and energy systems, including: xEV powertrains, power electronics, motors and drives, engines, transmissions, battery management systems, advanced thermal systems, and fuel cell systems.
Our support to customers covers the full spectrum of control development, from core algorithm development, through to fully validated production control software (including ASIL rated software).
We are seeking an experienced Senior Control Engineer to deliver on-going client projects.
Role & Responsibilities
To deliver client projects as part of a team:
- Technical development of control solutions, covering requirements specification, algorithm development, implementation, calibration and validation.
- Development of Model-in-Loop and Hardware-in-Loop facilities to support control development
- Control strategy development on rigs/ testbeds, and on-vehicle
- Technical analysis to achieve tasks with sound evidence base
- Responsibility for delivering assigned tasks to time, cost and quality on customer projects
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues
- Liaison with wider team members to organise and deliver project activities as required
- Reporting of technical status internally and to customers
- Supervision of junior team members on assign tasks.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, and a number of years of experience in successfully delivering projects in controls either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity:
- Minimum degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline (e.g. electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, software engineering, maths, control engineering)
- Technical experience in control systems for relevant applications, such as: xEV powertrains, power electronics, motors and drives, engines, transmissions, battery management systems, advanced thermal systems, fuel cell systems, OBD, etc.
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Fluent in a model-based development languages, especially Matlab/Simulink
- Advanced control methodologies (e.g. Model Predictive Control, Optimal Control, Reference Governor control, Kalman Filters, etc.)
- Systems engineering
- Functional safety