SQA Engineer - NPI
- Role Type
- Closing Date
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality of New Product Introduction across new projects within the Performance Products division of Ricardo. As a NPI Parts/Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the quality of purchased parts from concept to series production from the suppliers you are assigned. Working as part of a small team under the guidance of your supervisor your key objectives will include:
· Supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including: APQP, PPAP, Supplier assessment audit, surveillance visits
· Creating customer quality requirement documents
· Generating goods receiving inspection documents
· Administrative duties to align part numbers to documents
· Series process and part approval
· Working closely with procurement, design, and system engineers
· Raising 8D’s, containing and returning problem parts.
· Reporting status against project targets
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
Experience of NPI and/or Supplier Quality Assurance or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the supply chain. Preferably within automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
Some knowledge of automotive technology and product development
Some experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
· Experience and understanding with geometric design & tolerancing.
The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
· A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels
· Tenacity, resilience, and focus
· Engineering degree or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of automotive technology and product development
· Knowledge of IATF 16949
· Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing & six sigma
· This role involves regular travel to suppliers domestically and internationally.